1. You have 30 minutes to do this task.You have received a letter from your English-speaking pen friend David....My mother complains that I am lazy and don’t help her much. Do you or your friends often help your parents? How? What duties does every member of you family have in the house? ...Write him a letter and answer his 3 questions.Write 80-100 words. Remember the rules of letter writing.
Change into reported speech
“I am planning to go to Kenya,” Sally said.
“I take my little sister to school every day,” little Anthony said.
“You may take my textbook,” Nonna said.
Too cool for school
You’ve always wanted to be popular in school. You’ve dreamt a thousand times what it would be like to be the star of your school’s football team or that tall blonde girl who everyone fancies.
‘Cool’ people are attractive, confident and always wear stylish outfits. Everyone wants to hang out with them. But often “cool” people aren’t very nice! They can be selfish and bossy. At times they get impatient with people who might be shy or a bit quiet.
If you really want to make some true friends, here are some tips. Don’t choose friends based on looks. What really matters in a friend is not being slim and beautiful but reliable and generous. Choose friends who are humorous, talkative and who never treat others badly. In fact, these are the people who are truly cool! Try to choose friends that you can actually benefit from. Those who are creative and have interests other than fashion and parties. Be flexible but don’t say or do things that make you feel uncomfortable just to make ‘cool’ people like you. Always speak your mind. Those who really care for you will still be your friends- even if at times you drive them crazy. Remember: real friends are those you can open up to. Those who will hold their tongue and will never give away your secrets.
1. Popular kids in school are often selfish and bossy. _______
2. It is better to hold your tongue and never speak your mind or you will end up all alone.______
3. You will benefit more from having one friend who is creative and interesting than having ten who are boring. _
4. A true friend will care for you even if at times you get on their nerves.________
5. “Cool” people are usually ugly._______
You have 30 minutes to do this task.
You have received a letter from your English-speaking pen friend, Ben.
… I am very busy now preparing for my exams but yesterday I went to the cinema with my friends. We saw a new film about Sherlock Holmes. You’ve probably seen it too. … What kinds of films do you like? Where do you prefer watching films – in the cinema or at home and why? What would you make a film about if you had a chance?…
Write him a letter and answer his 3 questions. Write 80-100 words. Remember the rules of letter writing.
Change into reported speech
“My sister is ready to go” Helen said.
“My mother usually goes shopping on Saturday,” the girl said.
“The birds build their nests among the trees,” the teacher said.
Read and complete the task. True/false/not stated.
Litter is garbage – like food, paper and cans – on the ground or in the street. Where many people live together, litter is a problem. People don’t always put their garbage in the bins. It’s easier to drop a paper than to find a bin for it. But litter is ugly. It makes the city look dirty, and it spoils the view.
The wind blows papers far away. Often they are difficult to catch. When they blow against a fence, they stay there. This fence is a wall of garbage.
Litter is a health problem, too. Food and garbage attract animals, which sometimes carry disease.
Some people want to control litter. They never throw litter themselves, and sometimes they work together in groups to clean up the city. In most places litter is against the law. The law punishes people who throw garbage in the streets. They usually pay a fine, and occasionally they go to jail.
Two famous sayings in the United States are: “Don’t be a litterbug!” and “Every litter bit hurts!”
1) Litter is a problem among people.
2) Garbage makes our cities look awful.
3) There are special bins for different garbage in the streets.
4) Papers are easy to catch.
5) Garbage attracts sick animals.