Revision test 8th Form
Match the words with the definitions
promotion a)an extra payment or benefit that you get in your jobodd jobs b)admired and respected by peoplecreative c)small jobs of various typesexhausting d)a move to a higher level in a company, institution, or sportperk e)very untidy or dirtyprestigious f)difficult to deal with or achieve, but interesting and enjoyablechallenging g)involving a lot of imagination and new ideasmessy h)making you feel extremely tired and without energyreward i)a job that requires special training
profession j)something good that happens or that you receive because of something that you have done
2. Complete the sentences using the proper tense form
1. We don’t need a car at present, but we would need a car if _____________(we/live) in the country.
2. It’s a nice book but it’s too expensive, so I’m not going to buy it. I __________________ it if __________________ so expensive.
3. I can’t meet you tomorrow – I have to work late. If ____________________________________________________________________________________
4. The accident happened because the road was icy. If the road _____________________________, the accident ____________________________________ .5. You didn’t have breakfast – that’s why you’re hungry now. If _____________________________________________________________________________________
6. I wanted to send you an e-mail, but I didn’t have your e-mail address. If ___________________(I/have) your address, ___________________________(I/send) you an e-mail.
7. I took a taxi to the hotel but the traffic was bad. _________________________(it/be) quicker if _________________________________ (I/walk).